So, here it is, the night before we leave. There is no way to capture all the emotions floating around our house right now, but it is safe to say that "excitement" is definitely ranking at the top. I am praying that everyone can get a good night's sleep before tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Tonight I went to my Beth Moore Bible study and learned that the most frequently occuring commandment in scripture is "do not be afraid"--that Esther faced her fear head on, with courage. I became accutely aware of the little fears I have regarding this trip...fears about the swine flu...fears about our safety...fears that Isabelle wouldn't love us, or even like us. Silly fears that want to creep in and mess with my sanity. Fear of things over which I have no control. Well, I also learned that we have the choice to be brave. God offers us courage and all we have to do is take it. I'm taking it.
Here is our itinerary. China is 12 hours ahead of the U.S., so we will get Isabelle about 11:30pm on this Sunday night U.S. time. We would love all your thoughts and prayers. I am off for my last sleep before China.
7/2 Arrive in Beijing
7/3 Great Wall tour (see my sister and brother-in-law)
7/4 Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City tour...
7/5 Temple of Heaven Tour and fly to Nanchang
7/6 Get babies at 11:30, do registration paperwork at 2:30, Notary office at 4:00
7/7 and 7/8 and 7/9 spend time with babies and do some sightseeing if you want.
7/10 flight to Guangzhou
7/11 morning medical exam, paperwork at 4:30
7/12 Jade and Pearl Market
7/13 US Consulate
7/14 oath ceremony
7/15 home
Happy Birthday!
5 years ago
See you in Beijing!!! I am afraid, too! I will pray for you! Deep breaths!!!! Here we go!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited!!! Last sleep 'til China!!! I'm still considering tagging along with you. LOL Seriously ... I'll be there in the morning with my camera to capture your group ready to fly!! xo
ReplyDelete