"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Today is the DAY!

Today is indeed the day!  We took a train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou yesterday and left our tourist selves behind, fully swinging into adoption mode.  The train was wonderful, and gave us a great opportunity to see some of China we didn't get to see the last time.  I found it sobering.  I am still processing the whole thing.  The contrast between the tourist-centered and westernized Hong Kong--complete with Cartier and Tiffany's and the opulent Pennisula Hotel--and the China we saw from our train window, was significant.  We passed city after city after city after city after city...you get the picture.  There are lots of people here.  No glitz.  No glamour.  It was like the perfect contrast between what the world says matters, and what really matters.  I was taken back to another very similar experience I had 21 years ago, when I flew into LA and drove down the coast into Tijuana, to an orphanage, no less.  Where God first planted the seed of adoption in my heart.  Hmmmm.  I love how God brings things full circle in my life.  I love how He reminds me.  I am intensely bothered, dare I say ashamed, that it takes me so long to get it sometimes.
 
But here I am, and today is the day.  I stand in awe that God would let me be doing this.  Becoming a mom to a little girl for the fouth time.  Becoming a mom for the second time through the miracle of adoption. The lyrics "Who I am that you are mindful of me, that you hear me, when I call?  Is it true that you are thinking of me, How you love me...It's amazing!" keep playing in my head.  My cup overflows.

9 comments:

  1. I am beyond excited here!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just woke up and prayed that all is well, by now you must be loving that precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping everything went well today! Enjoy these first precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't wait to meet her! On skype and in person. Evan and I Said a little prayer at our 2 a.m. feeding:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI!!! Can't wait to see your first moment pics!! Praying for each of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that all is well with you and your new darling daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather! We are dying here!!!!!! Still praying, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeekkkkk!!!! I've been without internet for 3 days!!! I've been going crazy for an update! You've been on my heart and we've been praying without ceasing for you! ;) God is sooo good;) BIG HUGS!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather- praying that once I found an internet connection, that I would pop in here and find an update. Hope things are going so well, but probably super busy with Dong Yi.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete