"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Some things just take your breath away.  7 months ago I opened an email with this photo attached and it took my breath away.  The first glimpse of my daughter.  For those of you who have received a referral photo, you're familiar with that odd feeling of knowing you are about to see the face of your child.   And as much as you don't have any idea what they will look like, you open that picture and realize you really did have an idea in your head of what they MIGHT look like, and your photo either matches that idea or it doesn't.   And then you look at the picture and study every pixel until you can see that face when you close your eyes.  And then you try to imagine the personality that goes with that face.  The story that lies behind those eyes.  Well, this photo of our little Emme was taken 1 year ago in the orphanage in Zhongshan, China. 

 As I was going through some photos taken this past week, I came across another one that took my breath away.  Here's our little Emme one year later.


We got her 3 months ago yesterday, and every day she takes my breath away.

7 comments:

  1. It always amazes me, even though I have witnessed it first hand, how MUCH these little ones blossom once home with a loving family! Emme is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy...but i have always thought Emme looked like your youngest bio daughter! Maybe it's those big eyes? She is just beautiful as are all your girls! I love to see the difference Love and family make in these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good all the time :) What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! You have the most gorgeous girls!!!!! I am sooooo ready!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Just beautiful. And I totally 'get' what you mean. I think that I am having picture withdrawl for Makinley. I need more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete