Lucky mom…this is the comment I keep getting when I walk into the stores here in Guangzhou with my three girls. First they notice Isabelle, then they start counting 1…2…3 girls! "All yours?" they ask. "Ah, lucky mom, lucky mom." (of course, they usually follow that up with a "maybe next one will be a boy!") Anyway, I smile because, while I don't believe in luck, the truth is that I do feel like one very blessed mama. We were out strolling last night and I somehow got ahead of Ty and the girls. When I turned around and saw the new face of my family…Ty and three girls instead of two, it took my breath away. One minute it doesn't seem real, and the next minute it seems like it has always been. We are so thankful and humbled that God would choose us to parent these three darling daughters. So, speaking of the darling daughters, Anna and Madelyn are ready to return to life in Ohio. The heat and the hotel living have worn out their welcome. They are still being real troopers, but when Madelyn set up a laundry service/store in our hotel room today, I knew she was ready to go home and PLAY! As for Isabelle, she is doing super and is great on all of our outings, but she is so happy when we return to the hotel and can just play on the floor. Every day she is happier and happier. (still not with grandma, though) She is also very busy, trying to gain mobility and using all of us as her personal jungle gym. Hearing her laugh is like music from Heaven. AND, she is now starting to reach for us. I can't believe the difference a week makes. Truly a little miracle. Yesterday we went to a folk art museum and the jade market. We also got to see a Buddhist temple. Zhou arranged for foot massages last night, so the girls, mom and I took advantage of that. It was a 90 minute massage, and while our feet soaked in BOILING HOT WATER, and we drank HOT tea, (things are just HOT here!) they massaged our backs, necks and arms. Then they moved on to the feet. It cost a whopping 14 dollars, including the tip! Money well spent. This morning we went to the Guangzhou Zoo and saw some cool animals. The whole experience was lost on Isabelle, but the older girls enjoyed it…especially seeing the panda. Now Isabelle is napping and Ty and the girls are swimming. Tonight we are headed to a market and dinner as a group. (I think we might actually be going to Pizza Hut!) One more day in China and we are headed home…could someone please stock my fridge with caffeine-free diet coke? LOL |
No comments:
Post a Comment