"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Last Day

It's Tuesday afternoon in China, and in 36 hours, we will be home.  I started my day filled with dread.  I know, it's a strong emotion, but that's what it was.  D-R-E-A-D.  I've done this before.  The long plane ride with a little one, the jet-lag, the 12 hour time change, the re-entry, the adjustment phase with a new family member.  Leaving China and feeling like a piece of my heart stayed behind.  I sat on the edge of my bed and closed my eyes and tried to magically fast-forward through it all.  It didn't work.  Instead, God granted me a parting gift on my last day in China—a trip to a local park, where peace and relaxation and beauty were the order of the day here in one of the biggest cities in China.  Where people were out in the heat and humidity, on a Tuesday morning, enjoying life and each other.    My heart calmed.  The sense of dread lessened.  And God reminded me that He called me to this.  That this was His plan.  That I can rest in the fact that He will work it all together for His good and that He won't leave us or forsake us.  Phew.  (Happy to receive daily reminders of this J)

6 comments:

  1. Heather, and family, We will be praying for your peaceful transition when you get home:) And for safe travels! And for a sleepy child on the plane:) May the Lord Bless and Keep you! and give you a bit of his strength for the coming days.
    THe pictures of China are charming! I love the red lanterns in the tree by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a half empty plane ride home to stretch out in and rest and play and working t.v's and calm babies!

    Favor favor favor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a smooth uneventful, restful trip home for one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many prayers for a smooth journey home and an even smoother blending of your new family! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your words bring me back to that feeling of leaving my heart behind. I am so thankful that our God meets us right where we are at. Praying for a peace filled rest on that long ride home. Thankfully you will have brought home the best treasure of all! She has a beautiful smile. :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you made it home safely. I have been thinking about you and praying for you all. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete