Well, we've been home for 3 days and I thought I should let everyone know that we are alive and well and adjusting to our new normal. Emme did fairly well on the flight and was welcomed home by a very enthusiastic new sister who is now teaching her the ropes. (The enthusiasm waned a bit as Isabelle realized that not only did she get a new sister, but that new sister has a place in HER mommy and daddy's heart....working on bonding with one daughter while trying to prevent the need for long-term therapy in the other :)
Emme is adjusting well. She has ended her self-imposed eating and pooping strike (60 hours) and is much happier as a result. Her first doctor's visit went well and she gave me the first real glimpse of what her lungs and voice were capable of when she got her blood drawn. She seems happy, and is understanding more each day and copying things we say. Here are some highlights from the past 3 days...
The flight home. See how excited she was? It didn't last.


Home at last, after a 3 hour van ride, 15 hour flight, and 2.5 hours in line at immigration.

A warm and possibly overwhelming welcome from her new sister.
Welcome home! She looks like she is adjusting! Two of them = twice the fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a double dose of cuteness! Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. Glad she's adjusting well! And the rest of you too! Keep us posted:)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Judy
AAAAaaahhh! I cannot stand the cuteness! LOVE the picture of Ty w/ his 2 littlest girls!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
Very sweet pictures. I can not wait until it is my turn and I get to introduce Ashlyn to her new baby sister.
ReplyDeleteI have so enjoyed these sweet pictures and finally had a moment to breath today and to come back and comment! The little and big sisters tee shirts are adorable! The girls are all adorable!! The two youngest forever have a friend and playmate. The oldest will be a wonderful big sis. My oldest daughter, I have to say, was so envious to see that your daughter was able to travel with you. I wish I could take my daughter with us. Who knows? Maybe it will work out! I am happy for you all and pray that you will be able to settle in and transition.
ReplyDeleteIt is absolutely precious to see your whole family together again!! Praise God!
ReplyDelete