No pictures for this post. I just wanted to share something that reminded me of something I often find hard to grasp...God's loving care for me. Little ole me, in this great big world, in an even bigger universe. In the midst of chaos, HUGE problems in the world, unfathomable pain and suffering, God cares for me. And if I allow myself to be still long enough, I actually notice. So last night I was ready to call it a day and turn off my light when I caught a glimpse of a daily devotional a friend had given me. I thought I could use a little encouragement, so I opened it to that day's devotional and this is what it said...
Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.
I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn't bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching wherever you go. (Psalm 143:8, Genesis 28:15)
I checked the date 3 times because I couldn't believe how timely it was for my life. It was as if God placed it there just for me, on that day, and then urged me to open the book, because He knew. Hmmm. Maybe you will find encouragement in it also.
Happy Birthday!
5 years ago
Heather, thank you so much for posting that! It did indeed encourage us. We have felt attacked on every side recently, in our family, in our church, in our business....It's like we are suddenly on satans radar??? Must be doing something right:) This is such a timely reminder of where we need to focus our attention, and just rest in God's presence and trust in his grace and leading.
ReplyDeleteThank you! May you find the peace you are seeking:)
Judy
Oh Heather, isn't that so nice how He sends us a message at the very moment we need it! That is perfect!
ReplyDeleteHeather, isn't amazing when God speaks to us in a real and personal way. Loved the message! Thanks for taking time out to share!
ReplyDeleteGood Morning! Just wanted to say that I'm praying for you and the other "Z" families today!
ReplyDelete